Friday 30 September 2011

[Pack all your troubles in your old kit bag]

With a move to Germany now imminent (I'll be on a plane this time on Wednesday!) I thought it might be a good plan to actually write down what I want to pack.  Putting this all in a suitcase and a half may well prove highly amusing.  I've been seeing other people's photos of things they've taken to uni, and indeed looking back on my own two years ago...
I can tell you now that I am NOT taking anywhere near this many shoes...
and that my TOTAL baggage will be more like this:             
    than this:
which it was when I first moved.  As I say, this will be interesting, as my "to pack" list currently has in excess of 40 items on it.  
This is it so far (in no particular order):
  1. Photos
  2. 2 x cook books + recipe book
  3. Clothes (I've shortened all clothes to this, as otherwise I'd be here all day...)
  4. 2 xTowels
  5. Baking Tray
  6. Wooden spoon
  7. Sharp knife
  8. 3 x cutlery
  9. Toothbrush
  10. Hair brush
  11. Laptop charger
  12. Laptop
  13. Ethernet cable
  14. Phone charger
  15. Plug adapter
  16. Extension cable
  17. Batteries
  18. Voice Recorder
  19. Pans
  20. Transcript & other documentation (eg offer letter)
  21. Passport photos
  22. E111
  23. Passport
  24. Purse
  25. Diary
  26. Pens
  27. Hole punch
  28. Stapler
  29. New Testament (cos I have it in German)
  30. Grammar sheets
  31. Make up
That's it so far... can anyone think of anything else that I might need that I have forgotten?

No comments: