Saturday 24 January 2009

[save the last dance]

"You can dance – every dance with the guy who gives you the eye, let him hold you tight.
You can smile – every smile for the man who held your hand ‘neath the pale moonlight.
But don’t forget who’s taking you home and in whose arms you’re going to be...
So darling save the last dance for me."

wouldn't you just love it if anyone said that to you?

Something I've realised recently is how bad I am at telling people how much they mean to me. I don't tell them how much I love them and appreciate them enough. But on the other hand, I don't want to say it too often, say it too much, incase it loses its meaning when I do say it.

Because I do mean what I say. (Except when I just say silly things that I don't really mean... but I don't say nice things without meaning them.)

This might have all come about because of things that people have been saying to me in the last week. It occured to me that whenever anyone says anything nice to me, my first response is "What have you done?", "What have you broken?", "What do you want?" or "What was that for?". For some reason, I can't accept that people might just want to say something nice without any ulterior motive. This might just be me being cynical, but people don't say genuinely nice things for no reason very often at all.

No comments: